|Register||FAQ||Members List||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|01-10-2013, 01:17 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2011
The facts of life!
1) At age 65:
45% are dependant on relatives
30% are dependant on charity
23% are still working
2% are self-sustaining
(Source: Social Security Administration)
2) Cost and result of stock trading:
97% lost money
2% broke even
1% made money
(Source: Harvard School of Business)
3) Fewer people are worth $100 at age 68 than at age 18.
This is after 50 years of hard work.
(Source: Devey's Economic Tables)
4) Eighty-five out of 100 people reaching age 65
do not even have $250
(Social Security Administration)
5) It has been said "most people never plan to fail,
they simply fail to plan.
6) 93% of the people at age 65 who have failed financially
said it was because of the lack of a plan.
(Source: LIAMA Co-operative Research)
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|